Friday, June 13, 2014

June 13, 2014 ~ I Hated Weekends

"You hated weekends?!?!  What kind of crazy person were you?"  That's what you're probably thinking.  But read on and you will understand.

I hated weekends.  And just today I realized that I am now looking forward to weekends.  I lived with my soon to be ex-husband for about six months after we officially decided to call it quits because we couldn't get out of a lease and neither of us could afford to live in the house on our own.  I can write more about that another time but that is why I dreaded weekends.  For six months, I dreaded weekends.  It was a paradox because I wanted the extra time spent with my kids that weekends offered but it also meant being around Him more, which usually meant petty arguments would ensue.

The funny thing (or not) is that now I spend a ton of time with him during the week.  My babes are too young to be comfortable with having two houses so He and I decided that we would take things slowly on their behalf.  So right now, our custody arrangement is that they spend the night at my house every night; he picks them up from daycare on Mondays and Wednesdays, takes them to the park, and sticks around for bath and bedtime; he comes over around dinnertime on Tuesdays and Thursdays and sticks around for bath and bedtime; and he takes them to the park one weekend morning.  When Friday rolls around, I feel like I've got a good amount of freedom and alone time with my kids ahead of me and it makes me very happy!

Now that I'm typing this, I'm not sure why it seemed like it was worth a blog post but when I had the realization that I went from hating weekends to looking forward to them, it seemed like a pretty big deal.  And I am happy about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment